Thursday, July 14, 2011

DIY - tie dye fringe crop tee

Here's a tutorial on how to make the tie dye fringe crop tee, which seems to be raddest summer festival top that everyone has been raving about. I personally decided to make one because I have always been obsessed with fringe. It never fails to give you that wild bohemian look. 

First you're going to need a scissor, piece of paper and an old tee. (Hint: I'm only using the piece of paper to measure how long I want my fringes to be. You could also use a ruler, etc. Also, the bigger the scissors, the better.)


I actually got this tie dye tee from a vendor in Shanghai, China last summer, but you could always buy a plain tee and tie dye it yourself.

The next thing you're going to want to do is flatten your tee as much as possible and then begin to cut thin strips like this one...


For each strip, you need to stretch it and then tie a knot at the end. 
The knot is optional, but I like the detail.


Continue this all the way to the back of the tee and you'll get your fringe crop tee!


For more detail, you could also tie a knot at the top of each strip or maybe attach a feather to each knot to give it a more tribal look.

2 comments: