Friday, July 22, 2011

DIY - newspaper print nails

Many people have been getting into whimsical abstract nail patterns like leopard prints. I got caught in the fad when it led to an inspiration: newspaper print nails.

First I cut out 10 small pieces from a newspaper to put on each nail.


Then I painted each nail a mint green. I would recommend a light color like this one to allow the print to be more distinct.


I then allowed the nail polish to dry only halfway before dipping it into hydrogen peroxide (you could also use rubbing alcohol).

After, I soaked a piece of newspaper in the hydrogen peroxide and pressed it firmly against a nail for about 13 seconds to allow the newspaper prints to transfer onto the nail. I continued the same thing with the rest of the nails.


I finished my nails with a clear coat.

My results were a little messy since it was only my first time experimenting, but they still came out pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. I have to try this. Thanks for the info, and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is rad! Love your blog and all of its amazing pictures. x

    ReplyDelete